Monday, July 16, 2007

John Edwards for President: We The People - Iowa

Video description: "The people of Iowa urge Congress to stand firm against President Bush"

Note: I would assume that this ad is running or has run on television in Iowa, but I have no evidence to support this.

This would be a good time for me to clarify what types of videos I am selecting for this blog. First, I've decided to choose any video that fits a 30 second or 1 minute advertisement format and has been clearly designed to be an advertisement. Secondly, the videos I select will be only for candidates that are likely to be on the ballot in Lucas county regardless of where the ad has been shown on Television through out the country. Finally, because of the proliferation of YouTube in the last year, I am selecting videos for Politics @ 30 frames per second that may or may not have shown on local TV stations or any TV station. Some selected ads will have been meant for or only shown on the web.

The criteria for this blog have to take into account the sources which people are likely to find out about the candidates for which they want to vote. And, with that in mind my aim is to present all candidates that have advertisements that are accessible on the internet. I intend to be as non-partisan as possible.

I'd love to hear any feedback you may have on the videos I've posted or on my selection process. I am going to try to present more commentary on the videos posted here when my schedule allows.

Thanks.

No comments: